Can a soof lift be done while botox is still active around eyes?

Can a soof lift be done while botox is still active around eyes? I had a 'bad' botox treatment the last time and have had some strange sensations around eye - particularly lower lid where the muscle is slowly reverting back to normal. Can I go ahead with soof lift or will the botox potentially have a negative impact on surgical planning and result? This time the botox seems to be wearing off very slowly so ideally would like to have the surgery without waiting

Soof Lift & Botox

The Botox around your eyes should not have an impact on your getting a Soof lift. Best of luck.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

SOOF Lift After Botox

There should be no issues with having a SOOF lift after recent Botox.  The diminution of muscle activity with Botox does not affect the planning or execution of this procedure.  Good luck!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Soof Lift And Botox

Botox around the eyes should be injected in the shape of a "C," focusing on the diminution of crow's feet. Botox should not affect a Soof Lift if the surgeon is experienced.

Botox #CosmeticBotox #facelift #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery

Dear Milliemils9

Thank you for your question!  Botox is not a problem for most surgical procedures in the face. So unless your surgeon has an issue with it present - Go ahead with your plans and All the Best!

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Surgery with Botox

Dear Millie

There is no contraindication to having surgery while you have Botox effects. I often use Botox at the time of surgery in the brow or around the eyes to help the effects during the healing process. 

Hope you get great results. 

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and surgery

You can have the surgery done while the Botox is there.  For certain surgeries we like to do the Botox beforehand to decrease the muscle action and help prevent the old wrinkles from reforming quickly - for ex. when we do laser resurfacing around the crow's feet.  So having the Botox there will not do anything to interfere with your surgery. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Different goals

So yes is the answer, its ok to have one soon after the other. 

The SOOF lift will address mid facial volume loss and descent, something that cannot be altered or confused by botox. 

You may also want to consider revolumisation either with fat or filler. If descent and volume loss are your main problem, then this may be an easier way to get you the result you want. 

Adam Goodwin

SOOF lift whilst botox still active

Hello and thank you for your question.

Yes of course technically the SOOF lift can be undertaken whilst Botox is still active and it should not interfere with surgery. Personally,depending on where the toxin has been placed, I like to see the effects of Botox wear off prior to surgery as then I can make a better judgment on the way the lift will be undertaken to harmonise the result to the natural status of the remainder of the face but it does depend on site of toxin placement and of course how long ago it was done.

I hope that this is helpful information.

best wishes for your SOOF lift!

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Proceed with surgery when you wish.

Your proposed surgery will not effect the Botox which has already been injected and the effects of Botox will have no effect on your SOOF lift.  Speak to your plastic surgeon about your concerns but you can proceed whenever you wish.