When I smile, my gums shows too much. I get embarrassed. Is there any way to get rid of less gums?

Gummy Smile

Hi there, and thank you for your question. There's a variety of reasons behind why your gums show too much when you smile and without photos or a proper evaluation, it is difficult to give you recommendations on how to proceed for treatment. When not enough crown is showing, a simple procedure named dental crown lengthening can be performed to improve the appearance of the smile and to provide a better foundation for upcoming dental work. Lip repositioning is also an option to consider. I would encourage you to visit a periodontist, a specialist of the gums, for a comprehensive evaluation and recommendations on the best treatment plan possible for you. Best of luck to you.