Will my slope return and is it normal for scar tissue to hurt when massing?

I am 9 weeks post op from open septoplasty with 2 grafts. After cast removal surgeon taped my nose for a week. Week 2 when the tape came off I had a lovely slope. Unfortunately since week 2 the bridge of nose has continued to grow and I have no slope now. My surgeon said to tape & massage daily to breakdown scar tissue. I'm massaging lighter than he showed me as my bridge hurts when I Massage. Is this massage pain normal & is it likely slope will return?

Postop from rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry you're having a tough time.It is difficult to comment without pictures and without knowing what exactly was done.Tender areas are certainly still possible this soon after the rhinoplasty.Make sure that your surgeon is following up closely with you to ensure there are no signs of underlying infection. If scar build up in the supratip is an issue - low dose steroid injection may be helpful. Please discuss this with your surgeon.
Good Luck!

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon