Sliding genioplasty and chin contouring? (Photo)

I have always hated my side profile. My chin is quite weak and I believe it is small and disproportionate to my face shape. (Sliding genioplasty) I find slim oval faces very appealing (not sure what my face shape is but it's not what I consider oval) think Jessica Alba, I would like my chin to be as slim and long as shown in pictures. I don't think my jaw line is far off but I think the edges of my chin need slimming (contouring) Professionals opinion? Thanks for reading!

Sliding Genioplasty

You are correct in that a sliding genioplasty would be best in your case for both horizontal advancement of the chin as well as making it look slimmer in the front view. With a sliding genioplasty the more the downfractured chin bone comes forward the more narrow the jawline will look.

Sliding genioplasty versus chin implant candidate

A sliding genioplasty is performed by  an oral surgeon under general anesthesia as an  inpatient procedure  at a hospital with an overnight stay. A sliding genioplasty is usually performed when the teeth are significantly out of alignment.
 When patient's desire a simple cosmetic augmentation to the chin for a week and  recessive chin profile, a  chin implant is performed. Chin implants are manufactured in  a large variety of shapes and sizes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. Chin implants are placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure that takes approximately 30 minutes. For many examples of chin implants, please see the video and the link below