What shape of nose do I currently have and what type of nose should I have? (Photo)

I have looked at hundreds of photos of nose shapes online and I can't seem to place mine. I don't seem to fit in any category as my nose can look crooked, pointy, hooked, upturned, bulbous all at the same time depending on which angle/time of day. I understand I will be needing rhinoplasty, but what exactly will be done to fix my nose? I know the nostrils are uneven and there is a bump on the bridge, but I feel like more needs to be done I just don't know what.

What type of nose do I currently have?

Each individual patient has a very unique nose, therefore a custom surgical plan is created for each individual at the time the consultation and examination. The nose is a three-dimensional structure,  so it's important to look at all the different angles. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the crooked nose, decreasing the projection of the nose de-rotate the nasal tip, and reduce the nasal bulbous tip cartilages with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Make consultations with three busy plastic surgeons in your area. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

How Should I Change My Nose?

Your asymmetrical tip can be narrowed and refined. You have suggested that your nose is difficult to evaluate so I recommend that you take the time to submit pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty best evaluated in person

Thanks for the question.  From the limited pictures, it appears subtle changes may be best.  In your case, it seems narrowing the bridge and tip may be beneficial.  I would recommend you visit with a rhinoplasty surgeon in person.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Without full photos or in-person examination, it's difficult to determine what needs to be done exactly. From the photos you posted, you could benefit from hump reduction to give a more feminine and softer profile. Also refining your tip will look more balanced. I can't comment on the length of the nose (projection) from these photos but it can be modified if needed. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon