Scar Revision? (Photo)

Severe abdominal pain in the middle of the bellybutton swelling around bellybutton to the pubic area. There is a hard lump inside the bellybutton . I did the surgery in 2014. My surgeon have decided to operate to remove all the scar tissues. Can you please give me your honest opinion on this and is there anything that could be used to prevent further scaring. Please help. I will show you some pics of the surgery in 2014.

Scar revision

Thank you for the question and photos. It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person exam. Typically, some swelling, scarring, and discomfort is not uncommon after a tummy tuck. However, considering that you had your procedure approximately 2 years ago, the healing process should be complete at this point.   It is possible that you may have developed a cyst.It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.