Do I need rhinoplasty?

What type of rhinoplasty procedure will I benefit from? I dislike the shape of my nose and believe I would benefit from a slope. Also want to ask do you think my nose is wide from the front profile and do I need a tip reduction?

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Unfortunately I am not able to view your pictures.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty Considerations

Thanks for your post. No one actually needs elective cosmetic surgery/ rhinoplasty, but if you are interested in enhancing the appearance of your nose you are an excellent candidate. A truly qualified and experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon can help you in refining your goals and wishes regarding rhinoplasty. An open approach rhinoplasty can soften your dorsal hump with a natural appearing supra-tip break, refine your tip by reshaping and suture modifications, balance your frontal view with narrow nasal bones and improve the dorsal aesthetic lines of your bridge. I do not favor the "slope" profile, as it appears over done and less natural than you may desire. Computer imaging can be reviewed with your chosen surgeon and a thoughtful, well designed rhinoplasty plan can be recommended. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty is the key

There are 2 main types of rhinoplasty:

1) cosmetic primary noses with no previous surgery (these should always be done CLOSED aka SCARLESS. 

2) Botched or Revision noses with history of previous surgery ( these usually require a reconstructive surgery which requires open rhinoplasty with an external scar).

If you are a primary nose with no previous surgery, you should ONLY consider closed scarless rhinoplasty (preferred by actresses and celebrities) because there is no risk of external scarring and much less healing and recovery time.  The goal is to finesse and enhance the nose without drastic change.  Meaningful refinement is the key.   All the same surgical maneuvers your nose requires can be performed with a skilled closed scarless surgeon. 

Seek counsel with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice so you know you can guarantee the expertise.  (aka don't get your nose done by a breast surgeon or a facelift surgeon).  Doing your nose the first time with the right surgeon is the key to avoid a botched or revision surgery in the future.  All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Do I need a Rhinoplasty?

Dear gizemderin, Rhinoplasty surgery is designed specifically for each patient to address their concerns and provide a natural looking result that enhances their features and balances their overall facial aesthetics. I can not see any photographs attached here to give any expert opinion regarding your nose however your concerns are common requests taken care of with rhinoplasty surgery. To see examples of before and after photographs see the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Do I Need a Rhinoplasty?

Nobody NEEDS a rhinoplasty except perhaps some of my patients who are in the entertainment business who want to make a change for professional reasons. Unfortunately your pictures were not posted with this inquiry. Submit pictures here or send them to us so we can give you some insight re possible changes so you can make an educated decision about this surgery for you.

Do I need a rhinoplasty?

No one ever needs a rhinoplasty procedure.  The decision to perform a cosmetic rhinoplasty procedure is a personal one, and only the patient can make that determination.  If you decide to perform a procedure, its important to seek out a surgeon with lots of experience for best results, since rhinoplasty is one of the hardest operations to perform correctly in the entire cosmetic surgery.  A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge and refining the nasal tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose