Is a rhinoplasty revision for a deviated septum necessary? Will my crookedness get worse? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty a couple of years ago at 18 to correct a deviated septum among other things. After the procedure my surgeon told me he didn't see any deviation in the operating room however two years later I can still see it (although it looks so much better now) Honestly I am so happy with my nose I don't care about these imperfections, however I live in fear of the crookedness getting worse years down the line. Is this possible? I really do not want to have a revision

If you love your nose, no surgery is necessary

There two reasons for rhinoplasty: aesthetics (how it looks) and function (how it breaths). Sometimes these reasons can go hand in hand. Rhinoplasty is considered elective, because there is no such thing as a life-saving rhinoplasty. This is different from medical need, where the nose function is bad enough to be covered by insurance. If you love your nose, then there is no need for further surgery. If you're happy with the way it looks and you can breath through your nose, then there is no need to expose yourself to the risks of surgery and anesthesia. Safety comes first. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is a rhinoplasty revision for a deviated septum necessary? Will my crookedness get worse?

Hello lolamayxx,Thanks for your question. Firstly, if you love your nose, don't do anything else.  If your surgeon did not observe a significant deviation at your initial operation, then you have little chance of a significant deviation with time. All faces have some amount of normal asymmetry, and yours is no different.  Good luck,Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty are 2 completely separate operations

A rhinoplasty is performed to straighten the nose, shave down the dorsal hump, and make any cosmetic changes and external  appearance of the nose. A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose to improve airflow, only after medical necessity has been documented and there is a deviated septum present. Both procedures can be performed together  when necessary. For more information about the differences between the 2 procedures,  please see the link and the video below