Rhinoplasty revision? Advice should I? (photos)

2days ago I went to surgeon to take cast off. Went home and noticed slight bruising on bridge on nose this is where I asked him to take some hump away and straighten my nose. Is this normal swelling also i had a graph put inside my nose so that I can breath better to stop it from collapsing on the left side. Also do you think there's a slight bump on the side view that needed to taken down more. Also I don't want a dorsal hump to grow again. Btw the pictures arent that good Thank you opinions?

Rhinoplasty revision

At this point, it is much too early to make a determination.  The nose will always have swelling at this stage.  Be patient and follow closely with your plastic surgeon.  I bet it will settle down on its own.  Good luck!

Revision

Hello.  It's difficult to make any definitive diagnosis so soon after a rhinoplasty.  You should expect swelling in the immediate postoperative period (which can last up to 2-3 weeks after surgery).  However, there will be some persistent swelling that will last many months, though the majority of the swelling should be gone by 2-4 months.  The best advice is to keep  your regularly scheduled followups with your surgeon to track your healing.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY RECOVERY

If you just had your surgery done, you still have a lot of swelling on your nose, by this time maybe you have another 50% of swelling to go away, and takes time for that swelling to go away, it may take about 3 months for another 25% of the swelling to go away, and it takes a full year before you can see the final results. So at this time if you see a small difference or a small bump on your nose, that is not the final result, be patient and wait to see the final results.

Recovering from rhinoplasty and evaluating your result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. So at less than 2 weeks, you're very early in the healing process.

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon