Regret rhinoplasty - nose tip round and piggy - will this go back?

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago to straighten a broken nose I am pleased with the straighten the nose bridge but the tip of my nose looks bulbous and now goes up looks piggy at the end. Will this go?

Dear Reader,

This question is best accompanied with photos.  In general, you still should have significant swelling 5 weeks after a rhinoplasty so the concerns you have may resolve with more time.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Board of Surgery

It is not possible to predict

Only examining and operating surgeon can make such predictions. Address your concerns with your operating surgeon. He/She knows best about your future expectations.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Post Rhinoplasty

Dear Miss076,

I recommend discussing your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon. They will be able to shed more light on your long term outcome. Also it is difficult without photographs to evaluate your concerns. Best of luck, Gina Chu, MD.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY CONCERNS

Dear Miss076, I would suggest that you see your surgeon for evaluation and discuss your concerns. He/she knows best what your proposed results were and where you are in the recovery phase. Without photographs it is difficult to give any opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD