Is it possible to reduce the vertical length of the chin by removing a part of fat/soft tissue? (Photos)

I'm going to have a Liposuction under the Chin and Jaw area (maybe a soft neck lifting too) this August - I haven't decided the surgeon yet. I would like to know if it's also possible to reduce the lengh of my chin by removing fat/soft tissue. I hate my chin - I want to reduce the vertical lenght, make it more round. I've attached photos, two of them are photoshopped with the desired reduction shape: Desired after 1 and after 2. Thank you in advance for answering my question. Kind regards, Oana

Vertical Chin Reduction

Vertical chin reduction can not be achieved by removing soft tissue. It requires an intraoral approach to a wedge reduction osseous genioplasty.

Chin Shortening

Its rare anyone asks for this but it can be done by maxillofacial surgery possibly of soft tissue / jow.  My suggestion is to tighten the area (ulthreapy, thermiRF, thermage) and do VASER/ThermiRF neck liposuction hi def tightening and you will not need a neck lift.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin reduction

There's a really great expression and body contouring

"if you can pinch it we can take it"

generally there is very little fat at the bottom of the bony chin.

To get this reduced will almost always require bone reduction.

generally A tool called a bone Burr is used to reduce the bony length of the chin.

it requires a longer incision than that for liposuction and will leave the patients bruised and swollen a little longer.

That is probably a much better approach.

Plastic surgeons who have done specialty training in craniofacial surgery, some oral surgeons or plastic surgeons who have a proven track record of doing this procedure should be able to help you just fine.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Verticle chin length

The verticle chin length is reduced by  an osseous genioplasty performed intraorally with removal of  a segment of bone  and repositioning and fixing the lower segment upward effectively shortening the lower tjhird of the face.Soft tissue excicion is no advised

Michael Eisemann M.D. FACS

Plastic Surgeon

Houston,Texas

Michael Eisemann, MD