Follow-up question: Question to Dr Emer per Subcision and TCA Cross question.

Thank you for your response. I am based in London, UK do you have any recommendations? The consultant I was seeing is an Professor on acne and acne scarring. I must say I also intervened in the healing as I panicked with the bruising/burn created and used an astringent as I have done this before on superficial acne scars. This has caused the skin to peel and thought same would happen with this. I am using a silicon gel now.

To view the previous question, click here.

Here’s a link to the board certified doctors in your area who perform acne scars treatment.

Doctor Answers 1

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Wound Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hyperbaric oxygen can improve burns in addition to the silicone gel with growth factors. However, an in person evaluation is needed to get a proper evaluation and treatment. See an expert to minimize possible scarring. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.