Lipo for pseudo gynaecomastia 4 months ago (photos)

Hi again I had lipo for pseudo gynaecomastia 4 months ago. After the op i had no swelling tenderness bruising or numbness around the aereola/lower breasts which was where the fat was.The only slight bruising i had was under my arm pits/axilla close to the inscision sites which are to the top of my chest and in full view when i raise my arms. I also have what appears to be an obvious line to the left of my breast. I was assured it was mainly fat and not glandular tissue. Thanks

4 Months Following Lipo for Pseudo Gynaecomastia

There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and re-positioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and photos.  At four months post-op, you should be nearly fully healed (if not completely), although it is possible that you are still a bit swollen.  To determine if you have glandular tissue that needs to be removed as well, you should be seen in person by your operating surgeon again or seek a second opinion.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi ant211171,

Thanks for the post and the update with the photos. If you feel there was no change in your chest contour and that there is a feeling of firm tissue, especially under your areolas, then it is likely excess glandular tissue that would not have been adequately treated with liposuction. This would need excision to treat. The ideal thing would be to examine you in person to assess.  At 4 months enough of the swelling should be diminished to start seeing improvements in the chest from pre-op.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand 

Babak Dadvand, MD

It looks like gynecomastia ,not pseudogynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours.
Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Not easy to tell from the photo. Standard would be deep massage several times a day but for sure, check with your surgeon.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon