What would provide greater volume, Voluma or Radiesse at the 3 month mark?

Since Voluma comes in 1CC and Radiesse 1.5CC, which would offer the greater volume in the cheeks if the product was split in to two. So half a syringe in each cheek? Look forward to your answers

Voluma versus Radiesse

Voluma lasts longer than Radiesse with studies showing as much as two years. However, hall a syringe of product in each cheek will only provide a small amount of volume. I suggest you consult an expert in facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question.  Voluma will have much more staying power than Radiesse at the 3 month mark as Voluma has been shown to have continued effects for up to two years after treatment.  Hope this helps

Radiesse Versus Voluma

I often use both , Radiesse on bone and voluma above in a layering fashion.  There is no side by side comarison but I find that the look of each is different.  I suggest going to an expert.  A half a tube each side does very little ( very subtle ) for cheeks.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse and Voluma

In my experience Voluma tends to have more staying power than Radiesse.  As important as the 3 month mark, is the longer term aspect, where Voluma again lasts longer.

Voluma and Radiesse Longevity

Although there is no clinical or scientific study to answer your question, I agree with Dr. Lambros. The carrier for Radiesse (around 1/3 of the syringe) will certainly will be gone by the 3 month mark. I also feel that Voluma provides greater longevity in the midface when compared to the other currently available products. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma vs. Radiesse Effectiveness at 3 Months

At 3 months, #Voluma will provide you with significant results.  At 3 months, #Radiesse will not appear the same as the time of initial injection due to reabsorption of the water content in the syringe.  In theory, the Radiesse should stimulate some collagen growth.  In practice, we find that you may need further injections of Radiesse at 2-3 months to provide longer results. 

Please consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is highly experienced in injectables to provide you the best results with the least amount of product.  

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

What would provide greater volume, Voluma or Radiesse at the 3 month mark

Voluma. No question. About 1/2 cc of Radiesse is a carrier which is absorbed almost right away. In addition Radiesse forms by generating scar tissue which make the  area more diffuclt to inject on subsequent occasions.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon