Low profile Implants 275 cc , wanting to switch to high profile implants also interested in breast skin tightening?

my question : I had UPLIFT + LOW PROFILE , I wanted a moderate natural look , now i lost weigh and I do not like the way they look. I would like to switch to HIGH PROFILE , in order to have : more upper pole fullness , and I want help me with my loose breast skin , it is loose and covered in stretch marks on the top so I feel that the high profile will help me with these issues, is it possible to have smaller implants placed and some skin tightening at the same time to help me with my loose skin ?

Implant Profile

Dear giulia90,

Profile is most commonly determined by the base diameter of your breasts. That is to say, women with wider breasts and torso do better with a lower profile to gain the additional width.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Switch to HP implant and lift

Thanks for your question. Without knowing any of your specifics or any preoperative pictures, it's impossible for me to recommend a specific implant size for you. With that said, your goal of having more upper pole fullness with a high profile implant is quite reasonable.  My advice would be to pick an implant that has the correct base diameter for your breast anatomy. At the same time a skin tightening procedure can treat any residual loose skin. Please note neither will correct your stretch marks. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Low profile Implants 275 cc , wanting to switch to high profile implants also interested in breast skin tightening

Thank you for your question. Certainly implant can be exchanged with breast lift. pictures will help. I recommend to you consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Thanks for your question. Of course without examining you in a face-to-face consultation setting it is impossible to give size advice but it sounds like you are a candidate for a full mastopexy combined with exchange of implants.  I would reconsider your choice of going from low-profile to high-profile since you may suffer a decline in the appearance of your cleavage which may not be aesthetic.  Instead I would be thinking of a mid or mid-plus profile implant to give you the best combination of upper pole shape and cleavage in my opinion.  Make sure you are comfortable with your ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and have reviewed photographs of other patients so that your goals and expectations are realistic.  Best wishes

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for breast implant revision and a lift with skin tightening.  The size and profile of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Congratulations on your weight loss. Although specific advice would require viewing photographs or in-person evaluation, your goals seem reasonable.  Many patients who have lost weight feel that they are left with breast "sagging" and benefit from breast lifting surgery.

My best best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant/demonstrable experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be happy with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well.  I find the use of goal photographs and computer imaging very helpful during the communication process.  Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.