Are there any particular problems in having a Hair Transplant at an age around 70?

Hair transplant at age 70

There are a couple factors I look at when determining a good candidate for transplant.  Is the patient in good health, what medications are taken.  Also, does the patient have reasonable expectations and donor to accomplish his goals.  FUE procedures are very easy to recover from and most patients are good candidates for the procedure.  I recommend you speak with a hair loss expert to evaluate your health and goals.

Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant at the age of 70

Your age alone is not a contraindication to hair transplantation. Along with our anaesteshiologist, we perform an examination of our patients medical backgrounds in order to obtain all possible information. If it turns out the patient has any kind of medical issues, we make sure that they receive their required treatments in order to prepare them for the procedure.

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are in good health, there is no age limit to having a hair transplant surgery.

If you are in good health, there is no age limit to having a hair transplant surgery.  It is best to see a doctor to see if you would be a good candidate for surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Any problems with doing Hairtransplant at older age?

if you are healthy in general, with no immune system problems, there should be no problems with doing Hairtransplant procedure at older age 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Age and hair restoration

As long as you are in good cardiovascular shape, are able to climb 2 flights of stairs without any shortness of breath, and have a donor region that could be used to harvest grafts from to restore areas of your scalp, you would be a good candidate.  

Would recommend an FUE harvesting approach as it is much less invasive,

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Having a Hair Transplant at an age around 70

If you have no hearth disease ,  no allergy to local anesthetcis, uncontrolled diabetes and scalp acute disease  you may have a hair restoration surgery at 70 . 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Age limit to hair transplantation

Of the 15,000 surgeries that either I or my group have done, there were many men and a few women between  the ages of 70 or 94

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

There are no problems in having or wanting ...

a hair transplant at an age around 70. Nowadays we are living longer than ever and there is absolutely nothing wrong in wanting to get your hair back. We have had patients who are in their mid 80s do hair transplants. As long as you have no medical issues to worry about I would suggest to pursue it.

Ben Talei, MD