Post FUE hair transplant- back of head (Dover area) still looks bad after 11 months. When will this get better? (photo)

I had a FUE hair transplant of 3000 grafts 11 months ago. The back of my head still looks really bad. I have my hair shaved at the back and sides and the diner area that was used still looks extremely visible. Is this normal? When will it go back to. Kemal and look natural? Is there anything I can use I.e bio oil etc? Thanks

Hiding Scars

After 11 months your scars aren't really going to change any further. There are options to help hide/cover it but the scar itself won't become less obvious. I suggest you consider growing your hair a little longer and consider scalp micropigmentation if that isn't enough.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you had a FUE procedure and you still have visible donor area scarring after almost a year, it will not likely get any better

If you had a FUE procedure and you still have visible donor area scarring after almost a year, it will not likely get any better.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

11 months after FUE

The donor area appear over harvested and that is what you are seeing. This happens with large sessions FUE when the original density is low

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Still looks bad after 11 months

Unfortunatelly after 11 months you can do nothing about it. I think doc used  a bit larger punch ?? .. but any way that kind of an appearence is not unusual and unexpected after a 3000 grafts harvesting procedure . it would better to use hair longer to camouflage that.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon