Pig nose after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

The 27 of June I had a rhinoplasty. I had a bulbous tip and a hump. Now the cast is off my nose looks like a pignose.. I know that it is very swollen but how much will it take then till my nose dropped? I can't go outside with a nose like this..

Pig nose after Rhinoplasty.

Dear akeel123,
I am sorry you feel so upset by your early results, but being just over a week out from surgery it will no doubt change tremendously for over the next 12 months. While none of us here can give you any specifics, one thing that is likely is that if you ultimately require a revision it will not happen for at least a year. Taping may help a little (ask your surgeon), but it will likely just be time that is needed for you to see an improvement. Hang in there, and best of luck.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Recovery First

You are very early in your post-operative recovery period. The amount of tip refinement and definition will increase as the swelling resolves. The tip rotation (how upturned it is) will also improve - as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit.
Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Pig nose after rhinoplasty

In general, the tip of the nose normally will drop some after a rhinoplasty.  It can take 6-12 months to see the final result, and in some cases a bit longer.  Since your surgery was only about 10 days ago, there still should be significant changes with more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon