Will Picosure work on this tattoo? (photos)

I had this tattoo about a year ago, it is making me very depressed and causing anxiety attacks. In comparison to other examples of laser removal mine seems very bright in colour. I have a consultation booked for Picosure in London and want to know prior if it will get the colours out? Please help Thanks

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thank you for your question. I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with your tattoo. There are various treatments to get the tattoo removed. I use the PicoSure laser on my patients. PicoSure is the latest technology in tattoo removal. For optimal results and depending on the size of your tattoo, I always suggest between 4-8 sessions. However, some patients may require up to 12 sessions. The PicoSure laser is able to target pigments that previous lasers were not able to treat because the wavelengths it operates has the ability to target and shatter even the smallest of ink particles. It offers such advanced technology that it can easily and effectively remove nearly any pigment color from nearly any skin type or skin color. If you are interested in the procedure, I suggest consulting with a qualified provider for a full in-person consultation.

Colorful Tattoos

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your tattoo. My preference for multi-colored tattoos is removal with the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths to target 96% of ink. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Pico lasers are the latest technology and remove tattoos faster with less risk of scarring then older laser systems. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon