Nostrils asymmetrical in length 12 days post op...what can be done? (Photo)

A lot of the posts on here say that symmetry takes times due to swelling etc, however, I feel as though one of my nostrils is longer & wider than the other which is more narrow & shorter 12 days post op. What can be done to resolve this? Will I need another rhinoplasty surgery to fix this? What is the procedure & recovery time? Will it leave scarring? Thank you.

Asymetry of Nostrils After #rhinoplasty

From the photo, there is some asymmetry, but the appropriate question is what did it look like before surgery. Most of these things pre-exist surgery and are only noticed after. Review the photos with your doctor after several months. Rhinoplasty swelling will take a full year to resolve.Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.  Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils asymmetrical in length 12 days post op

This will likely improve with time. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your upcoming post op appointment. Nasal exercises in some cases can be very helpful. Best. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon