Would I be able to make my nose look smaller from the side? Considering a rhinoplasty. (photos)

Yes, but with a gorgeous face must consider Scarless, Closed Rhinoplasty!

Yes you can make the profile smaller. But you must consider closed, scarless rhinoplasty!

When restoring a painting at a museum, they don't cut the painting down the middle to work on it.  Likewise, you shouldn't inflict a scar on the middle of the face to restore/enhance the nose.  

closed scarless rhinoplasty can subtly enhance the profile in such a meaningful and subtle way your friends wouldn't even know if you didn't tell them.

Consult a nose surgeon who dedicates 100% of his practice to rhinoplasty surgery to get the best discussion for your needs. 

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The side profile photograph demonstrates an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, and a weak chin profile. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, and slightly refining the nasal tip to make sure it's balanced with the rest of the nose. Consider placement of a small chin implant to help facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. This will help significantly with the side profile. For more information and many  before and after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Making My Nose Smaller

A rhinoplasty to remove your small hump and slightly narrow and refine your tip will provide a smaller nose that is proportional to your other feminine features as long as you select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Nasal hump reduction and Tip rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is feasible and I would recommend Nasal hump reduction and Tip rhinoplasty to make your nose smoother and smaller for more of a feminine look. With this picture attached, your nasal bone and cartilage are quite prominent, after the procedure, of course you can see the difference like smoother line and smaller size, but please note that there will still be some limitation in size.

Good luck!

Jin-Sung Kim, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thanks for your question, from the photos I think you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty.  I would recommend decreasing the projection of the nose (making it look smaller from the side), taking down the hump and refining the tip. 

To get the best idea of what improvements can be made, visit a rhinoplasty surgeon in person. 

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I be able to make my nose look smaller from the side? Considering a rhinoplasty.

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you are an excellent candidate and will benefit from a Rhinoplasty. We need to remove the dorsal hump and redifine the tip, but also we need to shorten the nose, narrow it since its a little wide.  This will create a better balance in your face. I recommed that you look for a Board Certified Surgeon that has extensive experience on Rhinoplasty. Good luck

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty planning should include imaging

• Most importantly, in your case, rhinoplasty should not be a radical operation.  You have great features as seen on your photo of you smiling.  It seems a small hump reduction would be a nice change, but would like to see your chin projection from the side.  I would like to image your photo to create a softening of your profile, by addressing the hump and possibly adding a chin if needed.  

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looking at your pictures, you may be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Most commonly, this procedure is performed to narrow the profile of the nose, remove an unwanted home, and refined the tip of the nose.   If there is a certain thing that you would like addressed regarding this procedure, I would discuss with your plastic surgeon. He or she can discuss with you the surgery, the risks, and the recovery. There are different approaches, but the most important thing is a mutual discussion about the procedure. Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can certainly improve your profile by smoothing the prominence along the bridge of your nose and giving your nose a "smaller" appearance. I would recommend choosing a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience in performing rhinoplasty. Be sure to ask to be "imaged" in your consultation so you can have an idea of the results before you decide on surgery.  Hope this answer helps you with your decision

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon