Nose reshaping: Is it possible to have a nose job without changing the distance or look of a long upper lip? (Photos)

I am 55 years old woman . Seven months after facelift , smas , platizma , lipo , brow lift . Consider nose job to make me look better and younger . Worried about long distance between nose and lip, 2 cm not feminine already? Is it possible to have a nose job witout changing the distance ore look of long upper lip ? It is important for me! Please , answer . Is it good for me now ? Ore later ? When I ll have nothing to loose ? I don't want to look worse than now . I now it is all about risk !

Nose and lip relationship

Yes, you can have a rhinoplasty and not affect the appearance of your lip height.  I would recommend that you speak to your surgeon - if lip height is a concern, I would limit my goals for tip rotation and contouring - If you rotate the tip, it will make the philtrum and lip height appear longer and your tip doesn't appear to droop on the mirror photo you have posted.

As long as you discuss the lip concerns with your plastic surgeon, he should be able to guide you through the rhinoplasty plan going forward to maintain your  nose-lip relationship.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

From the limited photographs presented, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose and an under projecting chin. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, refining the tip, and narrowing the bridge. The rhinoplasty procedure should not change the length of the upper lip. Consider placement of a chin implant for the significant weak  and recessive chin profile. This will help significantly with facial balance and proportions. For many before and after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty: changes to the upper lip.

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

The upper lip may or may not change in appearance after surgery. This depends on a few factors. 

Does the lip have a crease when you smile? Do the corners of your lips go up on when you smile? What are the planned changes to the nose? Lengthening the nose? Deprojecting the nose? 

I recommend a consultation so your surgeon may ask your questions, examine your nose, and take photographs. I like to use 3D computer simulation to get on the same page as my patient regarding potential changes appropriate for your nose and face. This is important for a safe and happy result.  Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose reshaping

I think  you should concentrate on what it is that is out of balance. You have a severely receding chin. A good sized chin implant will improve your overall looks. Its a simple procedure that should have been done with your earlier surgery.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Without Changing Appearance of Upper Lip

You can have a rhinoplasty without changing the appearance of your upper lip. If you're concerned about making the upper lip look longer you can have a lip shortening with an incision at the base of the nose at the same time you have the nasal surgery. I suggest you consider a chin implant which will improve definition and proportions in the lower face

Nose reshaping: Is it possible to have a nose job without changing the distance or look of a long upper lip?

The answer is-yes. You have the potential for a very elegant looking nose. During your consultation- your lip issues can be addressed. Generally speaking, improving the nose- usually does not directly affect the upper lip distance.