Can my nose be improved on with plastic surgery? I currently hate it. (photos)

I want to know if plastic surgery can be efficient enough in the case of my nose. I hate its size and I think its shape is too emphasised somehow. However, it doesn't immediately strike you as needing surgery. I really want my nose to look better than it does. What I am not sure about is whether it would be too complicated to correct it in such a subtle way where it is sharper and cuter but looks natural. All the examples of nose jobs I have seen have been with huge noses.

Rhinoplasty to Improve Nose

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Based on the photos you have provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty, however it is difficult to provide specific recommendations for your particular case without an in person evaluation. I recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can use 3-D photographs to simulate realistic surgical outcomes for your specific nose. I also suggest seeking multiple opinions before committing to a surgeon. Best of luck. 

Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery

Hi,
Thank you for your question and photos.
I believe you can certainly benefit from a rhinoplasty procedure to feminize and bring harmony to your entire face. Make certain you verbalize your concerns clearly and have realistic expectations before moving forward. There are now imaging systems such as Crisalix that do not require an in office visit (you can e-mail photos).
Do your homework!

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Improving Nose with Rhinoplasty Surgery

Your goals are very appropriate, you want a refinement of your nose making changes that look totally natural after the operation. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist because it is much more difficult to make subtle changes than it is to reduce a large nose.

NATURAL LOOKING RHINOPLASTY RESULTS ARE POSSIBLE IN EXPERT HANDS

Dear Monika777, From the photographs reviewed above you could certainly have some refinements to the nose that would better balance your facial aesthetics while still looking natural and not surgically enhanced. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field have digital imaging performed to see the proposed results, review the surgeons before and after photographs and then make an informed decision whether you want to move forward with rhinoplasty. See the video above of  and a link below for examples of rhinoplasty before and afters. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately your pictures do not give sufficient views to make any recommendations.
But do your homework and find the best surgeon you can, and have a consultation where all your questions can be answered.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for natural looking nose

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. From the very limited photographs, it appears that the tip can be refined and lifted, and the bridge line narrowed  with a closed rhinoplasty approach. Anticipate subtle, not dramatic results. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Can my nose be improved on with plastic surgery?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed subtle rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon