Nose bleeding during recovery of rhinoplasty

I am having open rhinoplasty to remove a bump on bridge. How much blood am I expected to lose during healing? Will I be pouring with blood or just a tiny drip once a day?

Rhinoplasty and Bleeding

Yes it is normal to have some bleeding in the post-op that can bleed over the mustache gauges, but it is not normal to have excessive bleeding. Normally they occur during the first 48 hours. Best regards

Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose bleeding after a rhinoplasty procedure

In our practice, we do not place any  painful packing inside the nose, however we do give patients a small drip pad that they will need for the first  6-8 hours after the procedure. By the next day, most of the bleeding  has stopped. Also important to restrict yourself from strenuous activities which could start a nosebleed in the first two weeks after a rhinoplasty procedure.  The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be cut in order to remove it.  Osteotomyies are placed in the nasal bones and the entire bridge line is narrowed. The bleeding is usually common from the nasal bones when they're broken. For more information and many before and after examples of hump removal, please see the link and the video below