Mastopexy/Breast Lift and nipple size and placement choices? (Photos)

Hi all. I'm having a Mastopexy (and BA) in December and I wanted to find out if I can show the surgeon how I'd like my nipple to look and how high I want it. Can I request it be made small so it looks perky all the time (similar to what I have now, when it's cold, and the 'ideal' photo I have included). Is this even possible or will my nipple size stay the same and be put where he feels is best during surgery? Please let me know how it works with a lift.

Nipple size and placement for breast lift

Thank you for your questions and photos. Your plastic surgeon will pick the proper position and size of your nipple areolar complex. The NA complex should "match" your breast and body type. Frankly the picture of the "ideal nipple" that you submitted would not look very ideal on your body. It would not look good. I hope that helped. Good luck. 

Mastopexy with breast implants

A breast lift with implants can be performed at the same time.  You would appear to be a good candidate for this procedure.  Your desired goal is reasonable.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Nipple position in a breast lift

I believe it is very important for you to discuss your desires with the surgeon  of how you would like your breasts to look after surgery.  After all you are the one that has to live with them.  Photographs of what you don't like are just as helpful to the surgeon as photographs of ones that you do like.   This helps the surgeon determine if your expectations are realistic and can be reproduced on the operating table.   If your're expectations are not met then you're then you are likely to be disappointed and this is not what we want for you as a patient.