How did they get to my love handles from my side?

Heya. I had my liposuction 3 days ago bit swollen. But the doctor said he did my love handles but there's no insertion at my back. It's all at front and side. I'm scared they didn't do my back by but is swollen and bruised

He Likely Did

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is likely that your surgeon did remove fat from your love handles, or "flanks," if he said he did. The insertion site is where the cannula is inserted, but the cannula on average is about a foot long, so it can reach around the sides. Hope this helps.

Liposuction to Love Handles/Flank--Cannula Insertion, Add aftercare: RF treatments (Velashape, Venus), massage, compression

Keep in mind that the cannula is long, so it's very likely that he treated your "love handles" if he said he did. To improve your results, your aftercare should include: lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, compression, and radiofrequency treatments like Exilis ultra/cellutone and Venus legacy and VANQUISH can help significantly.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Love handle liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

The 'love handles' can be reached from an incision in the front if the patient is turned on her side and a long cannula is used. To know what your surgeon did, ask him to show you where he removed the fat and how he reached it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS