Will love handles go down more? Only been 12 days liposuction. (photos)

I've had lipo around 12 days ago. On my belly and breast and love handles. My love handles still look bit big still. I'm scared they won't go down more :( do you think it will? Please help

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. While swelling will slowly subside three to six months following your procedure, you should see some improvement by now. You may wear a compression garment if you feel it helps. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Will result improve after 12 days?

Thank you for asking about your liposuiction.

• It is too early to judge your final result.
  • You are still very swollen.
  • It will take six months to see your final result, 6 weeks to see significant improvement.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling post liposuction

Out patients typically see an immediate improvement after liposuction.  Swelling however can last anywhere from 3-6 months.  Of course recovery for each patient varies.  I don’t think you have reason for concern so early in the process.  It helps to stay away from salty foods, drink plenty of water and wear your compression garment.  You should continue to see improvement over time.  Stay connected with your surgeon and make sure to go to your recommended follow up appointments.

David Stoker, MD

Swelling Cessation

It can take several months for swelling to subside after liposuction, so these aren't your final results. I suggest adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen with compression in order to reduce swelling and maximize results. Best, Dr. Emer

Will love handles go down more

Thank you for your question. They will continue to improve in the next coming several weeks and please follow instructions from your surgeon.

Will love handles go down more? Only been 12 days liposuction.

12 days is extremely early into lipo recovery. Swelling post liposuction can take 3-6 months to fully resolve. You should continue to wear your compression garment and just be patient. Talk to your surgeon about ways to reduce the swelling faster. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon