How long is recovery for Lipo on flanks and whole stomach?

Will I be able to return to work ie driving and very light lifting after 9 days off. Please help

Liposuction Recovery

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. The first few days after surgery, you should rest quietly. If you can elevate the body part, it is usually suggested that you do so. Remember, you must not take Aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory medications. You most likely will wear a garment. If it is too tight, you should promptly notify your surgeon. During the first 48 hours following surgery, patients experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising. Although the vast majority of patients will have virtually no bruising, some patients will have bruising. Bruising typically disappears within 7 to 10 days. Stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction recovery is faster when lipo is done under tumescent local rather than general.

Most patients are back to work in 2 days and back to the gym in 1 week when liposuction is done under tumescent local with or without a little iv sedation.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Recovery After Liposuction

this all depends on the type of liposuction performed, if you undergo an energy based device, or if you do general versus local tumescent liposuction.  I suggest you speak to those who are consulting with. My patients typically return to the gym after 10-14 days in my practice. Best, Dr. Emer.

Return to work after liposuction

You will, of course, want to follow your doctor's orders; however, it seems feasible that you could return to work after taking 9 days off following liposuction. You will still be swollen and wearing a compression garment so don't expect yourself to be 100% healed. As with any surgical procedure, you may tire easily at first and light lifting may be difficult or need to wait.

Recovery from lipo

1 - 2 weeks is the usual time to recover from lipo, it depends on areas treated and if other procedures were performed at the same time.

Ask your doctor and follow his instructions to ensure a good outcome.

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for your question.  Many patients find that they are able to return to light office work one week after surgery.  We ask patients to refrain from lifting until otherwise advised.

Best regards,
Dr.  Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Recovery from liposuction

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• In general, recovery is discomfort, pain and fatigue x 5 days.
  • Return of energy the next 10 days.
  • Chances are you can return to work but please discuss with your own surgeon -
  • Every liposuction is different - your surgeon knows your health and about how much will be removed.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question. Depending on the amount of liposuction performed during surgery, I think the likelihood of you returning to work within 9 days is very reasonable. You will still be wearing a compression garment, and should anticipate having some soreness present from surgery. I would definitely recommend keeping your lifting to a minimum, while having the opportunity to rest during the day as you need it.

You should be able to return to work after 9 days with restrictions. You can expect to be sore initially after resuming more physical activity. You should limit the amount of twisting and turning of the torso area for a minimum of 4 weeks. The tissue and skin need adequate time to heal and adhere after surgery, to the possible accumulation of fluid.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD