How long after a hair transplant can an MRI with contrast be performed on the head/brain?

I had a hair transplant 6th July 2016. I will be arranging my annual mri with contrast as I have a benign brain tumour (acoustic neuroma) which has been there for at least 5 years. As the tumour has remained virtually static, there is no rush for me to have the MRI and I could wait up to 12 months to have it done. Do you know how long I should be refraining from an MRI and whether the type of contrast (gadolinium versus iodine) would make any difference to length of time I should wait?

Always consult with your doctor before having any medical procedure. If you have metal (such as staples)

Always consult with your doctor before having any medical procedure.  If you have metal (such as staples) it would be an issue with MRI.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant July 6th

You can have an MRI of the head and brain at this point of time without worrying about the hair transplant and its long term growth. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Intravenous contrast after hair transplant

Hello, rayman--As a retired neurosurgeon turned hair transplant surgeon, I feel obliged to respond to your question. Your scalp is completely healed at this point and all the transplanted follicles are safe and sound, so you can pretty much do anything you could have done before you had a hair transplant; certainly, intravenous contrast has been given to many patients after various types of surgery. Thanks for your question, and may your acoustic neuroma remain stable!Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon