How long after having excess abdominal skin removed can you exercise your abs and lift weights?

I am considering a mini tunmy tuck only to get rid of my execess skin on the abdomen left by 2 pregnancies (no liposuction and no diastasis recti repair needed). In this case, how long after the surgery would I be able to exercise and work out my abs in particular? I also have a 3 year old toddler whom I need to carry often, so my real concern is the time to wait before going back to "normal life". I understand that a "full" mini tummy tuck (which repais the muscles in particular) would take a few weeks

How much?

It is very hard to tell you what will be the best for you without any photos. i suggest you to visit a board certificated PS of your preference as every PS has their own perspective for each patient.   

Best of luck. 

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Three Weeks

Dear Aligned Mama, From the procedure that you have indicated you are going to undertake, I think three weeks would be appropriate amount of time so that you do not develop a fluid collection underneath the skin. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Exercise resumption after mini tummy tuck.

Thanks for your question.  Assuming your muscles are not tightened and only a strip of skin is being removed from your lower stomach I would advise you to avoid lower body exercise for a period of approximately 2 to 3 weeks assuming your healing proceeds without complication.  Make sure however that your treating doctor agrees since he/she will determine the amount of swelling and eliminate the possibility that you have developed a fluid collection (seroma) in the postoperative healing period.  Good luck and enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD