Are my lips even after Juvederm? (photos)

I got juvederm 3 days ago now, I believe all the swelling has gone down but I had some problems when she was injecting. She said she hit a nerve so she had to get the last bit she injected (said this was the amount of a finger nail) so she was squeezing my lip to get it out, I then formed a blood blister which she had to pop. I know this is completely unprofessional and won't be going to see her again. I just wanted to know if she had squeezed the product out if this would make my lips uneven

Swelling

Your swelling from filler in the lips can last for a week to 10 days so, for now, give it time. Hopefully, the unevenness will resolve itself. If not, return to your surgeon for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Uneven Lips After Juvederm

Swelling after filler in the lips can last for about a week.  Hopefully the uneven look is due to swelling.  If it persists after 7-10 days, you should get an evaluation.  Since you have decided not to see your injector again, seek out someone who has been injecting for a long time so that he/she can help you.

Uneveness after lip filler

Injection of lip filler is an exacting technical issue as creating symmetry is the goal. Uneveness early on after injection can be the result of swelling and further correction should wait. If the swelling persists after this point further injections or dissolving of filler may be necessary to create a more symmetrical appearance.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Hi & thank you for your question.

Your lips will most likely  have some swelling for 7-10 days.If you are still unhappy with the results at that time, contact your physician/injector for additional treatment.

Hope this helps

Lips Swelling and Uneven After Injections

I suggest a second opinion or if you are concerned speak to your physician.  This can be revesred if you are not happy.  Cannula injectoins help prevent long term complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler

The best person to help you is your treating physician. I suggest you see them in person or see another board certified surgeon or physician in your area. An in-person evaluation is needed to adequately evaluate your situation and options.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Uneven lips after Juvederm

Hello ipierrie,

The lips tend to swell after injections for the first 2-3 days.  The swelling stays there for a few days and around day 5 the swelling begins to go away.  Most of the swelling will be gone by 7-10 days. Because she was squeezing your lip, that area will tend to swell more and take a little longer to go away.  After 2 weeks if you still aren't happy with the result then you can receive a little more product in the less full side.  I'd recommend a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist for your injection.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling takes time

You are worrying too much.    Swelling takes time.   In a month you will have a better idea where you are.   See a plastic surgeon for review and advice.   See the doctor that treated you also.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Juvederm

Swelling can take up to two weeks to go down after injection into the lips with Juvederm. If the area still looks uneven after all swelling has subsided, I would recommend getting a consult with a board certified dermatologist for a consult to even out your lips.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lips and Juvederm

It seems from your photo that your lips are even.  It is possible to smooth out the product after it is injected and gentle massage is effective at this.  If you are concerned an in person consultation with a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Coolsculpting is my recommendation.  Best, Dr. Green