Does Liposculputure produce always hematoma?

Hi, I undergone liposculputure +breast fat transfer 6 weeks ago. 4 areas have been treated: outer and inner thighs, hips and knees. I can see improvements in all areas but outher thighs. I didn't have any haematoma or pain since the first day. I could touch or pinch them with no pain. Is it normal or the area has not been treated? Also, will my breast get smaller after 2 months? Does breast fat transfer last all life? Thank you

Poor patient education

Liposculpture should not produce a hematoma.  There may be bruising in the skin, but not a collection of blood under the skin (hematoma). If your lateral thighs were treated, you should have had some discomfort pushing on the area at day one.Fat transfer dies at 70% over 6 months.  If you weren't told that you weren't fully informed.Your breasts may appear smaller due to settling but they are not getting smaller.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hematomas and Lipo

Small hematomas in some areas may be normal even with the tumescent technique. Sensitivity after a lipo may be altered and this is related to inflammation. This will gradually recover in a few months. Fat transferred to the breasts may be reabsorbed in a percent. In cases where it integrates the result can last long.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Hematomas not so common anymore

Tumescent liposculture typically produces vasoconstriction which has all but eliminated the occurrence of hematomas.

How long breast fat transfers last differs from patient to patient but some of my patients that have done follow-up check-ups after 3 years have shown good fat retention. While it would be ideal for the fat transfer to last a lifetime, retention depends on various factors -- how the fat was harvested, filtered and injected into your breasts. Fat transfer may not always result in as much of a size increase as a patient hopes for.

But the upside to fat transfer is that it can result in a nicely enhanced, all natural breast without the expense and upkeep of a breast implant. Also, the fat transfer allows the surgeon to place the fat where it is needed and build up the breast mound gradually.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent?

I suggest you speak to your physician.  I go through an entire discussion about the longevity of fat.  If fat is there after 3 months it likely will stay forever.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.