Had Lipo 1 week ago, will I see more results? (photos)

I had liposuction 1 week ago Had it on my breast, belly Flanks Feeling little sore a lot around my love handles. Bit swollen,these photos where 3 days after when I we took bandages off. As time goes on will I see more results when swelling goes down. Still little concerned about my love handles it still looks bit puffy But happy with my breast and belly Would love some feedback and advice on how to maintain a good body shape Shall I work out more on my love handle areas when I go gym when I can

Week after lipo

Thank you for your question. You are in very early phase of healing. Swelling will continue to come down and results will continue to look better. I recommend to wait at least 3 months to comment about results. Continue following the instructions from your PS

Liposuction results one week post op

It sounds like your recovery is going well.  Tenderness early on is common.  Our patients typically see an immediate improvement after liposuction, which you are clearly seeing.  Swelling can last anywhere from 3-6 months.  Of course recovery for each patient varies.  I don’t think you have reason for concern so early in the process.  It helps to stay away from salty foods, drink plenty of water and wear your compression garment.  You should continue to see improvement over time.  Stay connected with your surgeon and make sure to go to your recommended follow up appointments.

The hips and flanks are most affected by your diet.  Consistent exercise will keep your body leaner and more toned overall.  Weight training helps to build muscle which helps to burn fat.  Always important.  These are great questions to help enhance and maintain your final result.  Follow your surgeon's recommendation on when to begin exercise.   

David Stoker, MD

Results One Week after Lipo?

From your photos it looks like you're off to a very good start and making an excellent early recovery.  Do expect significantly more improvement.  I find that the results are dramatic at 4-6 weeks and continue improving for 3-6 months.  ATB,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Post Liposuction

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing great photos. 

Your results look great. Give it more time and be patient. You still have swelling. Wear your compression garment and attend your follow up visits with your plastic surgeon. Be sure to listen to all instructions given to you by your doctor as well as following a healthy diet and lifestyle. Final results will be seen after 3 - 6 months. Regards,

Lipo 1 week ago

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. 1 week post op is just too early, after 6-8 weeks most of the swelling will be gone and after 6 months you will have almost your final result. 

Best wishes

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - assessing result after a week

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are still very swollen -
  • You will see steady improvement in your result over the next six months
  • If you are happy with certain areas now, you are likely to be happy with everything then.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo results after one week.

Congratulations on taking the step towards improvement. Liposuction is a process that creates an opportunity for shrinkage. Although one may see a shuttle change immediately, swelling often makes that appear minimal. As time passes and healing takes place, skin will shrink and your size will decrease. The end result is months from now and will be quite noticeable. Follow your doctors instructions, wear compression, and be patient.  

Gary Vela, MD, FACS