I've had lipo on my stomach area and as it's getting softer, I feel like my fat is back because it isn't flat anymore (Photo)

So I'm like nearly 3 weeks post op and my stomach is getting softer but now I have a pop belly it's like as it gets softer it's turning itself right back into fat and I can feel it, I've been trying to eat good but have not worked out yet planning to work out end of the month which my dr suggested I think because I'm not working out I'm getting fat even tho I'm eating ok, please tell me is this stage normal do I need to starve myself

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Post operative compression, diuretics, massage, and RF treatments help.  I suggest you see an expert or speak to your physician.  Results are not evident for 6-12 months.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - fat is back after 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Every goes through this after liposuction -
  • You are still very swollen and it takes six months for most swelling to subside.
  • But you should also focus on losing about ten pounds -
  • Do not starve yourself -
  • Calculate the calories you eat on a normal day -
  • Cut out 100 calories a day and increase aerobic exercise (e.g. vigorous swimming, walking up hilll) by 15 minutes a day  - this is a life change, not a diet, and the fat will slowly come off.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Changes after liposuction

After liposuction, it will take at least 3 - 6 months for your final result, if not longer.  Often I see my patients with a fantastic result immediately, then some swelling after the first few weeks which lasts for months, then over the long term the final slim result returns.  Follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions.  Make sure not to gain weight after surgery and resume exercise once you are released.  If you follow the instructions and maintain your weight, you should see a nice result. But it will take a lot longer than three weeks.  Be patient and stay positive.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Hello nay2716, 3 weeks is not enough for to make a decision. Wait for approximately 3 months and if your are still dissatisfied with the result ask your doctor to do it again. Good luck

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon