I've had lipo on my stomach area and as it's getting softer, I feel like my fat is back because it isn't flat anymore (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
Liposuction - fat is back after 3 weeks
- Every goes through this after liposuction -
- You are still very swollen and it takes six months for most swelling to subside.
- But you should also focus on losing about ten pounds -
- Do not starve yourself -
- Calculate the calories you eat on a normal day -
- Cut out 100 calories a day and increase aerobic exercise (e.g. vigorous swimming, walking up hilll) by 15 minutes a day - this is a life change, not a diet, and the fat will slowly come off.
Changes after liposuction
After liposuction, it will take at least 3 - 6 months for your final result, if not longer. Often I see my patients with a fantastic result immediately, then some swelling after the first few weeks which lasts for months, then over the long term the final slim result returns. Follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions. Make sure not to gain weight after surgery and resume exercise once you are released. If you follow the instructions and maintain your weight, you should see a nice result. But it will take a lot longer than three weeks. Be patient and stay positive.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.