Lipo post-op 1 month, will I see more results? (Photos)

It's been 1 month now and my lipo is ok still have little love handles I had it on my chest and belly and love handles. I'm scared it won't go down. The doctor said in 3 months to go get cool sculpture. What do you think

Swelling after liposuction?

One month is too early to judge the results of liposuction since swelling is definitely still present.  Your final t will be apparent to you 3 to 6 months after your procedure and will likely be very satisfying.  I personally do not think you need further treatment if the liposuction was done thoroughly, but do expect to be left with some loose skin without the fat padding.  Good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Lipo post-op 1 month, will I see more results?

At one month as your swelling is subsiding you will see some improvement, but it can take 6 months or more to see continued improvement and your final results. As long as you feel any tissue "stiffness" or lumpiness under the surface of the areas treated, you are not at your final result.

Reposting your question

Exercise is generally always a good idea and there's certainly no harm in doing gluteal workouts before your surgery.

This may or may not have a significant impact.

Generally speaking the impact of well-done cosmetic surgery it will most likely create much more volume than workouts alone.

This tends to be especially true for women who are generally do not form a lot of bulk muscles from weight training.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction - when will I see results?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You have only just begun to heal.
  • Please wait a full six months before having any additional treatment -
  • Swelling takes a long time to subside.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Healing after liposuction

Thank you for including your preoperative and postoperative photos.  That is very helpful!  You have had an excellent result with liposuction and you are definitely still healing.  It takes several month for all of the swelling to come down following liposuction. Wearing a tight compression garment can help to minimize swelling and to improve contour, and I would usually recommend that my patients wear that garment for 6 weeks 24/7.  At three months, if you are still dissatisfied with the appearance of your love handles, I would recommend going back to speak to your surgeon about options for proceeding.  Like any option, Cool Sculpt has benefits and limitations.  Good luck!

Don't be scared--Swelling cessation with RF treatments, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone

It is still too soon for your results. Swelling can last up to 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. I suggest VASER HI def contouring procedure if you are looking for a full body definition outcome. Best, Dr. Emer

At 1 month post op, you are still healing.  Over the next few months you will see changes.  Wearing your compression garment will expedite your recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD