Lipo after organ donation?

I'm looking to donate an organ (Kidney) in the upcoming months. I would like to know would this effect any future cosmetic procedures such as Lipo to the thighs, love handles, etc. - Or any other elective cosmetic surgery.

Liposuction and Organ Donation

This is not a problem at all.  You can have liposuction after donating an organ.  Just ensure your medical health is in perfect shape before considering a cosmetic procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Organ Donation and Aesthetic Surgery

First of all, that is a wonderful thing what you are doing, you are truly helping somebody and saving their life. We are very fortunate in that we have two kidneys since we can donate one and if the other is healthy, There should not be any measurable difference in your body’s ability to filter the toxins. Once you have recovered completely from your organ donation as long as all your laboratory work is normal, which it should be, there is no contraindication to have any future aesthetic surgery such as a liposuction. Good luck!

Organ donation and future cosmetic surgeries

Thank you for your inquiry and I applaud and commend your decision to be an organ donor.  Patients with one healthy kidney usually perform well under general anesthesia and elective surgery.  Ultimately, your surgeon will evaluate your health and risks of surgery prior to any planned surgery, good luck.