How much lip filler would I need ??? (photos)

I'm looking at getting lip fillers I don't want anything to big, just a nice natural more defined plump look. What would you recommended ? Thanks

How much is too Much

Hi Keiramai

It sounds like the age old, but how long is a piece of string. It would very much depend on how big you want to go and that can be assessed at the time.

The surgeon can input a little at a time until you feel you have reached where you want to be, either using a full syringe or a partial.

If done slowly and with care, you shouldn't get that fish look. However remember, that you're lips will swell to begin with so the results would need to be waited on.

Good Luck

Natural lips

Lip augmentation is all about a healthy conversation between patients and their surgeons. I would recommend finding a plastic surgeon that really listens and tries to understand what your goals are for a natural look especially based on your current shape and size of lips. A thin hyaluronic acid like Belotero can work great in the lips. Remember not everything has to be in done in the first session. Sometimes your product can be saved for a week or so and injected if you desire more augmentation. Best of luck! MMT

How much lip filler would I need ???

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. I think it is reasonable to start with a single syringe for your lips. You do appear to have longer lips so this should make a noticeable but natural improvement in lip plumpness. In order to avoid excessive swelling, allow your results after the single syringe to mature and the reassess if you would like additional placed. Hope this helps.

How much lip filler is needed?

Most patients require about 1 syringe (1 cc) of filler per treatment.  More can be added after a few weeks of "settling in" if a fuller look is desired.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

I would suggest that you might want to try 0.4 - 0.5 cc of Restylane Silk or Juvederm Ultra.  Of course, most importantly, I would go to a qualified physician to assess your situation and to perform the injections.  I would suggest a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

I suggest a formal consultation as different fillers can give you different outcomes. Restylane silk is very subtle where as voluma is more robust.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Augmentation

Hi keiramai. 1 syringe of filler should be enough to start. You can always add more later if you want more augmentation. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

It appears from your photo that you would need one syringe of lip filler.  A formal cosmetic consultation is needed to assess if Restylane Silk, or Restylane, or Juvederm would be best for you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green