Line crease on belly. I've had liposuction recent and I still have the line. What can I do? (Photos)

I've had this for years! Even when I was skinny looking at photos. But I've had liposuction recent and I still have the line. What can I do ?

Crease after lipo

Hello and thank you for your question and posting photos as well. I have to admit that I think your results are actually very good so far! I unfortunately am unable to really see the crease in your post operative photos. It may be due to the very bright flash and it may be drowning out the crease. You may want to try and take a picture without the flash and see if that shows better. I can see your crease in your before photo but as I said I dont really see it on the after photo. Many times, those creases are present preoperatively and there is not much you can do about it. Sometimes after liposuction these creases can get worse. If it really bothers you, you can consider having fat injected just at the area of the crease to try and "pop" it out and make it less visible. Hope this helps and congrats on your new body!

Ankur Mehta MD

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Line in belly - how to make it go away

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Creases in our bodies may not improve after liposuction or other surgery.
  • They may be from natural muscle movement, creases in the skin or skin-muscles attachments that reform even if surgically released.
  • Then only possible treatment once you heal would be to fill the line with fillers, but this would be a very expensive treatment because a great deal would need to be used.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Line Crease On Body After Liposuction

This crease will never go away its a genetic line on your body, as you get more lean or get  a hi definition contouring procedure the musculature will show me and make the crease less noticeable but it will never go away.  This is something I discuss with patients in consultation.  I suggest vanquish treatments with venus legacy/exilis after lipo for 3 months and to consider coolsculpting on the belly if you are unhappy with the outcome and dont want a 4D contouring procedure to get more definition. Best, Dr. Emer.

Line

Thank you for the question but it is not clear from the photos what the problem is.  So see your surgeon!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD