Why is my left eye more bulging and has an eyelid retraction?

I also have excessive sweating of the hands and feet and I have strabismus in the left eye too so that's even worse. My left eye is bigger than the other.

Unilateral Proptosis

Based on your symptoms, I would be most concerned for a diagnosis of thyroid eye disease, which is the most common cause of both unilateral and bilateral proptosis in adults. While most cases are associated with overactive thyroid, which also seems consistent with your symptoms of sweating, some are associated with underactive thyroid or even normal thyroid levels. I would suggest seeing both your primary care doctor for endocrinology referral and an ophthalmologist for a thorough eye exam. 

New Rochelle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Proptosis, Strabismus and Sweating

Hi valssx, Thanks for your question. This constellation of symptoms including excessive sweating, eyelid retraction/proptosis and strabismus are concerning for a disease called Thyroid Eye Disease (aka Grave's Disease). Other associated symptoms can include weight loss/gain, heat or cold intolerance, sleep disturbances and many more. I would not hesitate to seek a consultation with an oculoplastic specialist in your area for a complete evaluation and workup. Good luck!

Various causes of bulging eye and eyelid retraction

There are many causes to both bulging eye and eyelid retraction. They are likely related but may not be. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon