Left breast implant feels like it is rubbing, like it is grinding against something, it is very uncomfortable. Is this normal?

I have had my implants now for 21 weeks, and when I lay down and I push my breast together, my left breast implant feels like it is rubbing, feels like it is grinding on something? Really worried. It has been like in for a few weeks now but just ignored it.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

See your surgeon

You should make an appointment with your plastic surgeon for an in person examination as the symptoms you are describing could indicate a number of things. More pictures would be helpful, but having your doctor examine you and prescribe further treatment is probably necessary.

Funny feeling in breast

With your concern over something you can only feel and probably not see in a photo, and in person exam preferably by your plastic surgeon will be your best source of information. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS