Is there any laser that's suitable for treating dermal melasma in Indian skin?

I have tried 10% hydroquinone, and dermamelan chemical peels which helped in lightening the pigmentation. But, I stil; have a lot melasma which I will like to get it rid of. is there any laser that can help remove dermal melasma on Indian ( very fair) skin tone? please tell me from your personal experience because I don't want it to get worse. Thanks

Melarase creams vs. lasers for melasma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Skin discoloration is a very prevalent problem in women over the age of twenty.  It is also increasingly common in men with increased sun exposure.  

Risk factors include thyroid disease, sun exposure, hormones, pregnancy, family history, PIH, and birth control. Melarase AM and Melarase PM have been extremely effective in reducing pigmentation associated with skin discoloration and hyperstimulation of melanocytes. 

In my practice, patients with hyperpigmentation benefit from twice daily application of the creams. Melarase AM in the morning, followed by Melarase PM in the evening. Melarase AM contains four active sunblocks, so sunscreen is not needed unless your sun exposure is very high or you had a recent procedure/laser. SPF of 30. Melarase PM contains active skin lighteners to even out skin pigmentation. If you are concerned about the development of pigmentation, contact our office to discuss details and to obtain a regimen for Melarase. 

Recommendations:  5-step Daily Brightening Kit has everything you need to improve dark spots, skin discoloration, melasma, and hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure, hormones, scarring, and the environment. It’s a powerful daily brightening kit that can help bring out your skin’s natural, healthy glow. Ideal for use on the face, neck, and hands. 

Includes: Melaclenz, Melapads, Melarase AM, Melarase PM, Elevase, and Spectrase

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Yes, QSL and Clear and Brilliant

Yes, 
I have been using 1064 Nd Yag Q switch lasers, as well as picosecond Picosure 755, lately we have been using Clear and Brilliant combined with creams and this has been successful in most cases. Dermal melasma is the hardest to treat. 

All the best

DR Davin Lim 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 / Aerolase w Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

Yes, we use a combination of clear + brilliant, aerolase, microneedling/PRP and skin care. I suggest you see an expert.  VI or similar type peels are good as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.