Can I get Labiaplasty while I have genital warts?

I have two small genital warts outside of my vagina, not on my labia. I have just started a month long treatment. I am planning to go in for labiaplasty, do I need to wait for my wart treatment to be completed before I can go in for consultation or surgery - or can I begin the process before they have gone?

Labiaplasty and genital warts.

The easy answer is to treat the genital warts before performing labiaplasty.  Labiaplasty is a delicate procedure and must be meticulously performed.  Genital warts are somewhat unpredictable in their behavior at times and contagious.  It is best to handle this problem first to minimize any interference with your labial surgery.

Concord Plastic Surgeon

Wait until genital warts gone before laialplasty

Not a good idea to do labialplasty with active genital warts.  Get your GYN to treat the warts and even then wait a few weeks before any surgery is done.  Hope this helps.

NO - you should not have a labiaplasty as your genital warts are treated

Great question! Genital warts are a sexually transmitted infection caused by certain strains of HPV. They can spread to other parts of your genitals, therefore you should postpone your Labiaplasty till the lesions are gone. You can have a consultation for Labiaplasty as you undergo treatment. If the topical treatments don't work then you may have them excised, but do postpone your surgery till they're gone.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty is an elective procedure

Thank you for sharing.   I would treat and address the genital warts first and once resolved then I would proceed with the labiaplasty.Hope that helps and good luck.

Labiaplasty and Genital Warts

Because warts are contagious, you'll want to get them treated before a labiaplasty.For more information about labiaplasty, click on the link below.All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I would

Get the wart problem resolved first. This is the safest course of action.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Though you can start your search for a labiaplasty surgeon by attending to various consultations, surgery should be delayed until your wart treatment has been completed in order to minimize the risk of inoculation of a greater area of your genital region during surgery.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. You already started the treatment for warts. Warts are contagious to operated area so recommend to wait for surgery until completely healed. You can go for consults.

You can't get labiaplasty until your genital warts are gone

Warts are contagious and can easily spread to recently operated tissue. It would be a shame to have a nice labiaplasty result spoiled by this problem. If you were planning surgery, your gynecologist should have offered laser ablation or excision of the warts for faster recovery. Also, you probably didn't contract the warts by shaking hands and should pursue safe sex measures now and in the future.