Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction; how much does it cost? (photos)

How much would it cost for labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction? My clit is actually rather small but the hood makes it look huge!!

Labiaplasty and hood reduction costs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

in my practice run less than $3000 when done under local and in the office.  A trim method would be suggested due to the perceived thickness of your minora and if you're accepting of the different colored edge it results in.  Your hood would be resected to provide less coverage of your clitoris but you must avoid the surgeon that exposes your clitoris or over-resects your labia.  I've seen too many 'amputations' on this site.

Cost of labiaplasty

Cost for a labiaplasty vary fro, $2500 to $5,000 depending on what needs to be done and where it the procedure is performed. I perform the procedure in my accredited surgicenter under just a local anesthetic, reducing the cost by eliminating the need to pay an anesthetist. See link below for further information.

Cost of Labiaplasty in Texas and its Average Cost in the U.S.

Costs for labiaplasty vary from surgeon to surgeon dependent upon the time it takes for them to do the procedure, how meticulous and detailed they are with it, the facility it is performed in, and the level of anesthesia used (local versus general). That being said, it usually falls somewhere between $3000 to $6000 if anesthesia is used. The national average surgeon's fee (without facility and anesthesia fee added in) was $2762 for  labiaplasty last year according to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2015 Statistics. In Austin, Texas in my practice (Walden Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center), it falls at the higher end of that range as I prefer (and I find my patients prefer) going to sleep for the procedure given the sensitivity of the area being operated on.  Always best to do several consults and not go to the lowest bidder! Good luck.

Labiaplasty And Clitoral Hood Reduction

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction. However, a physical examination would be required to better assess your condition and recommendations.  Although cost is important, I would recommend finding an experienced cosmetic genital surgeon even if that involves traveling.  Some practices will assist you with travel arrangements.  Best of luck.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

You have a large and droopy hood...nothing wrong with your clitoris

Hello Ellie May,Although your anatomy isn't rare it is difficult to achieve an aesthetically pleasing result due to the large and ptotic prepuce. You should put less emphasis on finding the least expensive procedure, but more on finding the best surgeon to give you the best outcome. Cost depends on the procedures you choose to have and the experience and demand of your surgeon. You should be prepared to travel.You need a Clitoral Hood Reduction with Clitoropexy at the time of your Labiaplasty. Anything less than this will not be appropriate. In my Center, we perform this in the office under local anesthesia. This eliminates anesthesiologist and hospital fees. It also ensures complete privacy since you may drive yourself to and from the office. Please visit link below for more information on identifying the best surgeon and to review 100s of Before and After photos.

You have a wide clitoris not a small clitoris

The shaft of the clitoris is wide in the photo. There is a slight amount of looseness in the skin of the hood that can be reduced, but the thickness will remain. The labia minora can certainly be reduced at the same time. Be aware that in your unique situation, reduction of the labia minora and clitoral hood will leave the thick clitoris as the focal point. It will be even more noticeable than it is now. Anyone who tells you that a clitoral hood reduction will make Your clitoris appear narrower is being overly hopeful and unrealistic.

Laabiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction

I reviewed your photos. Your labia minora and clitoral hood are very enlarged. A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size.  However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced at the same time. Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant.  It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased.  No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery. Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Cost for Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction

#Costs will depend upon the specific surgery that is requested, type of anesthesia, experience of the surgery, and geographic location. These are all things to discuss specifically with your surgeon in regard to the procedures that are determined. There are also some links on this site where you can see averages of the cost of these procedures if that will help you get started in researching out all the details of your procedure.

How to deal with "challenging anatomy" with prominent hood folds...

Thank you for your question and the good quality photo, which allows me to answer you in a helpful way.  I'd like first to say that your anatomy is normal and there's no need for surgery unless it really bugs you! Surgically however you do have challenging anatomy, with thickened labia, redundant lateral prepucial folds, and a significantly thickened  central clitoral hood fold.  This anatomy in my opinion does not lend itself to a linear resection, but to a wide Y-modification of a V-Wedge technique, would remove the lateral hood fold and pull down the central skin, leaving the hood to "flow" down attractively into your modified labia. A "linear/trim" might leave a prominent hood looking like a "little penis..."
Take care! With your anatomy, it is SO IMPORTANT that you see a very experienced plastic/cosmetic surgeon (you may need to "travel"), as a less experienced surgeon could certainly have difficulty in designing the proper surgery. You might access the weblink below for some ideas of what can be accomplished (at least in my hands); Our "out-the-door" charges for an average LP + hood vary between $5000-$6000. Yours is complected, and would be (total, including supplies, local anesthesia and facility) $5500-6000.
Hope this helps!  Best wishes,
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

How much does labiaplasty cost?

The cost varies from surgeon to surgeon and location.  Seek an in person consultation for an examination and to discuss your options and obtain a qoute.  The cost in my practice in Los Angeles can vary from $3000-6000 for a labiaplasty with treatment of the clitoral hood as well.