Labiaplasty 10 days post op. I think I have an infection (Photo)

really bad odor even when I seem to wash it still smells and this morning i woke up to find this white stuff dripping down my leg i dont know what it is or what can i do? or take? refuse to see my surgeon as i wernt treated well at the hospital at all and he wernt professional at all i havent even got any contact details, he didnt even bother seeing me after my op to give me any kind of support.

Recovery after labiaplasty

You need to be reviewed by your treating surgeon or arrange a consultation with another fully qualified plastic surgeon if you don’t wish to return to your own surgery.  

Infection 10 Days Post-Op

Hello and thank you for your question. I am so sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with your surgeon and the hospital at the time if your procedure. However, it sounds like you in fact may have an infection and it would be best to see a doctor to be able to have it examined and get antibiotics as needed.

Possibly you have your gynecologist who you my be able to see quickly to have the issue assessed properly and with much more care? Many gynecologists and urologists also have a specialty in this area. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you can get in to see a doctor as soon as possible. Good luck!

Discharge post surgery

First, I am confused about what happened with your surgeon.  It seems very unusual and suspicious.

You need to have a vaginal culture performed and be evaluated for vaginitis.

It is impossible to render clinical diagnosis with the pics you submitted and the description.  Please see someone if not your surgeon.

Healing concerns

Sorry that you are having these issues following your surgery, but you NEED to follow up with your surgeon. He knows best regarding your recent procedure and needs to know how you are doing.

Oscar A. Aguirre MD

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Contact your surgeon for care

Please heed the suggestions of all of my colleagues here and contact your surgeon for care.  If not seek a new surgeon for recommendations.

John R Miklos MD

Labiaplasty

You shouldn't be oozing puss from your incision.  You cannot diagnose an infection from a photo but your photos do not reflect a typical healing labia. You must see your surgeon for a follow up on your recovery.  If you do not feel comfortable please seek out another surgeon for your follow up care as this shouldn't be self treated. Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a great reputation and that specializes in labiaplasty procedures. 

You might have an infection, but refusing to see your surgeon is foolish regardless of the reason

Posting questions from your phone is not going to improve your situation. Go see your surgeon and get evaluated. There is no way to determine if you have an infection from a photo.

Labiaplasty 10 days post op. I think I have an infection

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues after labiaplasty surgery.  If you would prefer to not see your surgeon in follow up I would reach out to your regular ob/gyn for an in-person evaluation of your discharge for a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.  As for your labiaplasty care you can try and seek out other surgeons in your area that would be willing to follow you along to ensure an uncomplicated recovery.  

Post labiaplasty discharge

This looks like an early wound infection.  I recommend you see your surgeon or go to an urgent care clinic for evaluation, culture and antibiotics.  I would recommend clindamycin as this covers a penicillin resistant staph as well as other typical skin bacteria found in that area. 

Best regards,

Dr Chapman