Jaw shave - facelift.

How soon after jaw/chin bone shave (inc submental tuck) can patients have facelift? Do things need a year to redrape or 3 months, 6 months?

Wait 6 months between procedures

I would advise you to wait at least 6 months before considering a facelift. You want to make sure that all the swelling has completely subsided from your jaw shave before having another procedure. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How soon after jaw/chin bone shave (inc submental tuck) can patients have facelift? Do things need a year to redraw?

Hi, 6 months would most likely afford whatever degree of tissue re-contouringthat's going occur.  I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Face lift after jaw reduction and central neck lift

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

Your face will still be swollen at three months. So consider your face lift after no less than 6 months. Your surgeon will examine your face and if it still feels swollen, may suggest you wait longer.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facelift

You should wait a full three months after jawline reduction contouring befell undergoing a facelift. You want all the swelling to be gone and the tissues adequately contracted down around the bone.