Implant needing removed - 8 weeks post BA

I had another op 2 weeks ago to clean infected wound the wound isint healing so have to have implant removed. Surgeon said he will have to put smaller ones in once breasts are healed. How long does it take till new ones can be put in? And is it best to leave the implant in which is healed well or take them both out ?

Removal

Many surgeons will wait 3 to 6 months to make sure the tissue has healed and settled down before inserting a new implant. If one breast is doing well with its implant, you might want to just let it heal. However, if being uneven is a big concern, you might ask to remove the other implant. I prefer to keep the noninfected implant since this will decrease the number of surgeries you will have.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

In my practice we wait 10 - 12 weeks after taking out an infected implant before replacing it. Normally we would want to put  the same size back in as long as it was a reasonable size. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD