Is implant dropping correctly? Too much loose skin. (photos)

I had my breast augmentation 4 weeks ago I am worried the implant isn't big enough to fill the skin or is it because there still dropping Thanks

Drop & Fluff

At 4 weeks post op you could still expect implants to drop and settle more. I recommend that you re-evaluate in a few months and discuss concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Is implant dropping correctly? Too much loose skin.

Thank you for your question. It will be difficult to comment without seeing pre op pictures. Look like more loose skin may be you ptosis before surgery. At this moment I recommend to wait 3 months and reassess. You probably need breast lift in the future.

Implants can still drop some

Thanks for your question and the photos. It would be helpful to see the preop photos to be able to comment better. I suspect that the right side is still a little high and that there was a little more skin excess on that side. I would give everything about 6 months and then reassess. Option will be to do nothing, consider a capsulotomy and/or a breast lift. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Skin Loose After Breast Augmentation

At only 4 weeks post-op from breast augmentation, it's still too early to see a final result. It often takes several months for the breast implants to "drop" into the pocket created, and it does appear at this time that your implants are still high. I've achieved great results addressing the type of loose skin you appear to have with a partial lift. While often a full breast lift is preferred, many women are fearful of the incisions and potential for lasting scars on their breasts. A partial lift is hidden on the rim of the areola where it is less noticed. It will not lift the entire breast, but can raise the areola into a position which gives a "perkier" appearance.Many patients are surprised and perhaps disappointed when they come to me wanting a breast augmentation and hear that a breast lift is recommended in order to achieve the results they want. Many think that by simply adding volume from a breast implant, that the sagging will be eliminated. There are options, but it is helpful to keep an open mind and ask questions if you don't understand what the procedures will and won't do for you.At this point, try to be patient and wait to see what happens when your breast implants settle into position. We usually wait 6 months before considering any additional procedures.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant dropping with loose skin

Implants can drop for up to three months after surgery. So sometimes if an implant is high it will descend into a better position.In your pictures it does appear that you have some loose skin. Talk with your surgeon, they best know what your expectations were prior to surgery. Sometimes a breast lift is needed to tighten the skin. It results with more scars, but it improves the appearance of the breast.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Is implant dropping correctly? Too much loose skin

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Congratulations on your recent surgery!  Based on your photos, it appears that you may have some breast ptosis (sagging).  Review of your preoperative pictures would be helpful to see what kind of ptosis you had.  Also, you are only 4 weeks after surgery, so further settling of your implants will occur.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD

It's a difficult question to answer without seeing your preoperative photographs. It is still really in the recovery process, and implants can take 3-6 months to settle fully. I anticipate that some of the excess skin will improve as the implant drops and fills up the skin envelope.If it doesn't resolve after six months, a lift could be performed to remove the excess skin. A lift could also decrease the size of your areola.

Implant Dropping Correctly

Thanks for your question! Based upon your photos, it does appear that you have some looks skin. I would also wait for the implants to settle for awhile: up to six months before considering a revision. I would also suggest at least a periareolar ("donut") mastopexy: I think you'd look better, the scars are well hidden between the darker areolar skin and the lighter breast skin, and it would remove the excess skin. I love this procedure done at the same time of breast augmentation, and do over 100 of them per year. Best of luck to you!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon