What is the ideal weight for a BBL?

Im on the heavier side of my scales for my normal self right now, as i have had a child. I could probably lose another dress size to get back to pre~pregnancy size. however i am debating if i should or not as i want to have a BBL and would like to get as much fat in my butt as possible as the size will probably reduce depending on how my body takes it should i lose weight to get back to my normal size, uk dress size 10 or remain the uk dress size 12?

What is the ideal weight for a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... actually it is always better to be advised and to have all the recommendations from your board certified plastic surgeon, get a consultation and remember that each patient is different in size and shape, also height can be with it.. So talk with your surgeon first!

Ideal body weight for BBL

It is always good advice to be at a healthy weight and physique prior to embarking on surgery unless you are very thin. This question is difficult to answer without pictures or an examination. I recommend that you see a board certified surgeon to discuss this with him/her in person. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your body to see if you are a good candidate for a BBL. There isn’t necessarily and ideal weight but I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less for the safest and best outcome. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What is the ideal weight for a BBL?

Hello nads1986 - Thanks for your question. There isn't a straightforward answer to your question. We usually recommend that patients have a stable body weight that is less than 30% above ideal body weight for anesthesia safety during surgery. The liposuction will contour the body nicely and the fat can be injected into a more stable framework. If you lose weight after BBL surgery, you will lose more of the results. The key is weight stability! If you are otherwise happy at UK size 12 then this is a good weight for the BBL. But if you feel better at size 10, get down to size 10 and see what fat you have to work with. Often times, the actual result comes not from how big the butt got after fat injections, but how aggressive the liposuction was to offset the size between the buttocks and the the surround areas where curves get created. 

I hope this helps!

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon