I wanted my implants for ages, had them for 3 weeks and want to explant already? (Photos)

I always wanted not big but fuller boobs as lost volume due to my gym hobby.So finally had them done and I must say my surgeon done an amazing job but I just knew from the day one that in my case it was a mistake and I want them out!They just not me,they don't feel good in my body.To be honest I really like led my small boobies just thought it would be a good idea to have them fuller,I was so wrong.It's tear drop, 330cc, I'm 5'9 and 31, I was 34B now 36C Any of you ladies feel or felt the same?

Immediate post-op Breast Implant concerns

Thank you for your question. My best advice to you is to discuss your feelings with your board-certified plastic surgeon. She or he may be able to reassure that your immediate post-op feelings about your new breast implants are fairly normal; that you may possibly have continued swelling; or you should perhaps allow a bit more time for your new implants to "settle" into place before making a hasty decision to remove them. 

Want implants out at 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your implant removal.

• I have had a very few patients who reacted to implants exactly as you did.
  • Please see your plastic surgeon, explain exactly what you said in your posting and come up with a plan as to when to remove them.
  • If you are 100% certain you want them removed, then the sooner the better.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant removal following recent placement

Thanks for your photos and your story. I'm very sorry that this has not been the dream that you thought it would be. 100% of patients feel like the implants are "foreign" at the beginning. Tolerance and awareness is an adjustment that occurs from 6 weeks to a full year. My suggestion is to give it 6 months. Removal of the implants will return you to your previous shape in all likelihood since it has been such a short time if that is the route you choose to take. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

I wanted my implants for ages, had them for 3 weeks and want to explant already?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your implant results have not been what you anticipated.  The first few weeks after any procedure is stressful, and it is common to fluctuate between a range of emotions.  Though most women grow comfortable with their implants over time, there are others that never feel that their implants become "part" of them.  If you have spoken with your surgeon and you are positive on your decision, you can have the implants safely removed at any time.  Based on the short duration of implantation you can anticipate having your breast appearance return to your preoperative appearance.  Hope this helps.

Want to explant soon after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about the stressful experience; it may help you to know that you are not alone. Occasionally, patients will realize that the breast augmentation surgery was not the right course and wish to have breast implants removed relatively soon after breast augmentation surgery.  Generally, I advise these patients to do their best to be patient and allow themselves some time to physiologically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  In other words,  I want the patients to be as sure as possible that they are making the right (well thought out) decision;  I also remind them that  it is quite common for patients to  experience significant emotional “ups and downs” around the time of surgery...

Having said that, once a patient has decided definitively to remove her breast implants, there is no  standard waiting time. Although no one can predict with complete certainty, given your history,  duration of time the breast implants have been in place, and after viewing your pictures, my prediction would be that your breasts will look quite similar to  your preoperative pictures,  once the breast implants have been removed. Of course, it may take several months for you to see the final outcome of the procedure performed.

Best wishes with your decision-making and for an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Breast augmentation recovery

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these feelings after breast augmentation.  At this point in your recovery your breast implants may still feel "foreign".  The breasts are still swollen and have not yet softened.  It takes about 3-6 months for these changes to occur and for you to see your final results.  I encourage you to speak with your surgeon about your feelings and together you can decide the option that is best for you.

Camille Cash, MD

If you are not happy, you should have them removed.  Contact your surgeon to schedule explant surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant Removal

Thank you for your story and I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about your results.  You are not the only one this happens to, there is a few people that goes through this.  My advice is to not make a rush decision.  Give yourself some adjustment time. Usually it can take several months to get over this feeling. If after then you still feel the same way then proceed with the removal.  I would try to wait at least 6 months.  Good Luck. 

Explant

Thank you for your question. I think you should discuss your feelings with your plastic surgeon. The important thing is to determine if you really want them out or if you just haven't adjusted to them yet. If you really want them removed, your surgeon will likely remove them for you. If they have only been in a short time, it is relatively quick and easy to get them out and most people's breast tissue will return to the same or very near the same as it was prior to the implants. Best of luck. Dr. Summer Black