I have an upper abdomen bulge and loose skin post tummy tuck (Photo)

I have a upper abdomen bulge and loose skin. I am 12 weeks post surgery. I had a classic tummy tuck no liposusion. What can be done next? My surgeon is happy with result but I am not. I can pull my skin even when standing. When I eat the upper bulge get worst.

I have an upper abdomen bulge and loose skin post tummy tuck

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I see your areas of concern.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, I agree that you appear to have too much skin laxity and skin excess along your lower abdomen and that your muscles were not tightened sufficiently with your procedure.  I would continue to voice your concerns to your surgeon, while reviewing your before and after pictures to identify areas of improvement and those requiring additional treatment.  Hope this helps. 

Bulge

While it is still early following your surgery, there are several possible explanations for the bulge in your upper abdomen.

Fluid collection

Gathered redundant tissue as a result of the procedure

Looser plication of the fascia above the belly button compared to below

I would follow up with your surgeon to discuss these possibilities.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Although I understand your concerns, given that you are only 12 weeks out of tummy tuck surgery, I would suggest ongoing patience.  Evaluate the appearance of your abdominal wall one year after the procedure was performed; if you remain concerned, treatment options will depend on your physical examination and concerns. Best wishes.